Thank you for visiting my Admissions blog. My name is Anita Alston and I am an Assistant Director of Admissions for Elon University. I am also a 2007 graduate of Elon. My experience as an undergrad was phenomenal! I was involved in everything from intramural sports to Greek Life to working at the student center. Ultimately, my experiences landed me a wonderful job in the Admissions Office.
My hope for this blog is to provide you with a perspective from an alum as well as a staff member. I will provide information about Elon, give updates on the Admissions process and deadlines, share information about events taking place on campus, capture my experiences and much more. Please feel free to make comments, ask questions or get in touch with me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get to know me a little better, here are a few quick facts:
- I am from Pittsboro, NC which is about 45 minutes from Elon.
- I have a brother who is 1 year and 12 days older. We are both July babies!
- My territories include: Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas and Hawaii. I only travel to Florida and Georgia at the moment, but I hope to add Louisiana to my travel soon! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for the opportunity to travel on behalf of the university to Hawaii.
- I am a HUGE Steelers fan! Steeler Nation!
- My father and aunt attended Elon.
- Some of my favorite television shows include: Law & Order SVU, Hawthorne, Raising the Bar, SYTYCD and any show with Paula Deen (I plan to check out her restaurant in Savannah very soon)!
- My favorite choice of food is lasagna. As for my favorite dessert, I could eat anything chocolate! A close second would be strawberry shortcake!